Twins stadium - referendum vote
Updated 5/23: I have now put maps online for the final stadium votes at the end of the session.
I said in my last post I would post a map with the vote on the Lenczewski amendment if the MPR folks put it at Votetracker (it's a bit more work to connect up the data to the map without the district numbers attached to the votes). But since lots of folks have been linking to the other maps, I thought I'd go ahead and do it anyway.
So, to be clear, this vote was on whether to strip the provision from the bill that would allow Hennepin County to fund the stadium through a sales tax increase without a referendum. According to state law, such sales tax increases would normally have to go before the county's voters. The Twins stadium bill explicitly allows Hennepin County to bypass this provision of state law and impose a sales tax to fund the stadium without having the tax approved in a referendum.
A vote for the amendment was a vote in favor of having a referendum in Hennepin county; a vote against the amendment was a vote against having one. The amendment failed by a 64-66 vote.
1 Comments:
Thank you so much for your great work.
Post a Comment
<< Home